Conditions of standard bill of lading apply, as well as the following below;
- The Carrier is not liable for loss, damage or delay caused by an act of God, the Queen’s Public enemies, riots, strikes, defect or inherent vice in the goods, or act of default of the shipper or owner, the authority of law.
- The amount of any loss or damage shall not exceed $2.00 per pound unless a greater value is declared on the face of the bill by Consignor. Carrier liability is limited to $500,000.00 Canadian dollars.
- The Carrier is not liable if goods are improperly wrapped or packed, nor any liability accepted for breakage of goods not clearly marked fragile or glass. In the case of perishables or freezable merchandise, containers must be clearly marked.
- Any shortage, loss or damage must be reported in writing 24 hours, otherwise signature shall constitute clear receipt. No liability will be accepted for outstanding C.O.D.s not reported in writing within 24 hours.
- Terms are due upon receipt of invoice. Any billing discrepancies must be reported immediately. Copies of lost bills will be supplied on request.
- Shipper is responsible for delivery charges if receiving company or 3rd party does not have an account.